How to Brew loose tea?
- Always start with cold water
- Heat pot with hot water, discard water after heating one to two minutes.
- Add tea leaves and pour prepared water to into pot. Steep according to directions below.
- Bring your water to a full boil and remove from heat.
- Add tea, one level teaspoon per cup. For iced teas add a semi-heaping teaspoon.
- Allow tea to steep approximately 3 - 5 minutes and remove tealeaves. If you like a strong, pungent cup of tea add a bit more tea, we do not recommend that you steep any longer than 5 to 6 minutes or you will likely have a bitter cup.
Green and Pouchongs Teas:
- Bring your water to a pre boil, when the little bubbles start to form on the bottom of the pot, remove from heat.
- Add tea, one level teaspoon per cup.
- Allow tea to steep 1 ½ - 2 minutes and remove leaves. Quality green tea can be steeped more than once. Save the leaves and re-steep, adding 1 minute for each additional brew.
Oolongs and White Teas:
- Bring your water to a pre boil. When the little bubbles are coming to the surface (a bit hotter than you would need for green tea) remove from heat.
- Allow tea to steep 4 - 6 minutes and remove leaves. Oolongs can be re-steeped. Follow the same steps as with green teas, above.
- Add herbs, one heaping teaspoon per cup. For iced herbal infusions, add one level tablespoon.
- Allow herbs to steep 5 - 7 minutes and then remove herbs. Herbs will generally not get bitter if you allow them to steep longer.
Tiesta Tea Loose Life Lessons - How to Brew with a Brewmaster
How to Brew Tea Gong Fu Cha Style? | Time Laps | Loose Tea USA
How to brew loose leaf tea with tea bag
Share this Post
How to Brew loose leaf tea?
MARCH 27, 2023
It s easier than you think since there is no right or wrong way to make tea. Experiment and, most importantly, let your palate…Read More
How to Brew Iced Tea?
MARCH 27, 2023
How to Make Iced Tea You will extract the most pleasure from fine tea, steeped with care. The Republic of Tea’s Minister…Read More