Bubble tea powder
Bubble Tea may be made with or without tea. Tea adds a completely different taste profile and body to bubble tea. To do this, you can substitute the water for tea. Brew tea with our filter tea bags or add a ½ scoop of black milk tea flavored powder to the original recipe to make a fruit flavored bubble tea drink.
Bubble Tea drinks can also be served as a Smoothie. Instead of using the shaker cup, add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
HOW TO MAKE A FROZEN MILK WINTERMELON TAPIOCA DRINK
- Put ice and milk in a blender and blend until smooth
- In a glass or cup, add in cooked Tapioca Pearls and Wintermelon Syrup
- Add blended ice and milk
- Stir it up and enjoy
- Heat 5 quarts of water on high heat to a rolling boil.
- Add 3 cups of tapioca pearls and stir to prevent sticking.
- Tapioca should float to the top. Boil for 10 minutes with cover on.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 13 minutes with cover on.
- Rinse tapioca under cool water and drain excess water.
- Pour tapioca into a container to store and coat with sugar syrup and serve.
* The ratio of water to tapioca is 7 to 1.
** If preparing tapioca pearls using a rice pot, put water in the rice pot and cover to boil. After 10-15 minutes, the water should be boiling. When the water is boiling, pour tapioca into the water. Stir tapioca to prevent sticking. Put the cover on and boil for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the rice pot off and let the tapioca pearls sit with cover on for an additional 13 minutes. Rinse tapioca under cool water and drain. Pour tapioca into a container to store and coat with sugar syrup.
UNCOOKED TAPIOCA STORAGE : After you open the tapioca, seal the bag as airtight as possible. Store in a cool, dry area but not in the refrigerator.
COOKED TAPIOCA STORAGE: Freeze unused cooked tapioca flat in a Ziploc bag. When ready to use, break off desired portion and defrost in boiling water until soft.HOW TO MAKE SUGAR SYRUP
- Heat 16 cups of water on high heat to a rolling boil.
- Add 8 cups of brown sugar and 8 cups of white sugar. (can do 16 cups of white sugar – but will be a bit sweeter).
- Turn off heat once the sugar is melted.
- Pour sugar syrup into serving container.
*Note: For smaller quantities, use a 1:1 raio of water to sugar.HOW TO BREW TEA
- Heat 17 cups of water on high heat to a rolling boil.
- Add 1 filter bag and steep for 12 minutes with lid on.
- Remove tea bag and pour into serving container.
GREEN JASMINE TEA:
- Heat 4 cups of water on high heat to a rolling boil.
- Turn off heat, add 1 filter bag and steep for 4 minutes with lid on.
** Note: Green Jasmine Tea will burn and become bitter if it is overcooked or boiled.
CASSIA BLACK TEA:
- Add 1 filter bag and steep for 20 minutes without the lid.
- Dissolve 2 scoops of non-dairy creamer and 1 scoop of sugar or sugar syrup with ½ cup of hot brewed tea in a shaker cup.
- Add in 2 cups of ice, cover and shake until mixed well and a nice froth is formed.
- Add ¼ cup of tapioca pearls to your drinking cup, pour milk tea over the tapioca and enjoy!
** Non-dairy creamer may be substituted with any creamer of choice (ie: half n half, sweetened condensed milk or regular milk).
*** You can also make a flavored tea by adding a scoop of flavored syrup to your tea. Non-dairy creamer is optional for this.HOW TO MAKE BUBBLE TEA USING FLAVORED POWDER
- Add 1 scoop each of flavored powder, creamer, sugar or sugar syrup and ¾ cup water into shaking cup and shake vigorously until powders are dissolved.
- Add 2 cups of ice and shake until a nice froth is formed.
- Pour liquid over ¼ cup of tapioca pearls in a 16 oz dup and enjoy!
* Another method is to add hot water to the powders to melt them completely before shaking them with ice. This method seems to make the bubble tea texture less powdery.
** Add all ingredients into a blender and blend into a smooth and refreshing smoothie.HOW TO MAKE BUBBLE TEA USING SYRUP
- Add 1 scoop each of flavored syrup, sugar or sugar syrup, 1½ cup water or tea and 1½ cups of ice into shaking cup and shake vigorously.