New England Blueberry Coffee
How many U.S. states have you been too? I have not been to very many, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to go. You know those culprits – time and money – that keep us from getting to do what we’d like to do.
So I had an idea that this summer I would travel the country from my own kitchen and invite you to come along.
This week, we’re in the New England states of Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts. I would love to visit this area of the world, because I hear it is beautiful! If you’re from New England, please leave a comment and let me know. And tell us what your favorite regional foods are – links welcome!
I chose to make this recipe for New England Blueberry Coffee Cake. I found the recipe on . The only change I made was the baking time. The time the recipe states was no where near long enough. I also forgot to add the flour to the butter and brown sugar in the topping. It still turned out, but the flour would have made it more like a crumb topping.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
For the topping
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Mix the egg, milk and butter together with a fork in a smaller bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently stir until well combined.
- Pour into 8" greased pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and put on top of cake batter.
Share this Post
New England Coffee Cake
My Grandma s of New England started baking our famous cakes in 1990 where it all started with our original Cinnamon Walnut…Read More
New England Coffee Malden MA
At New England Coffee you will be able to trust the people you work for, have pride in the product you sell and enjoy the…Read More