Best Chai Tea Recipe
Julie R. Thomson
There were a lot of good ones out there, but also some terrible choices. Here's what we found - in order from worst to best. (For the record, this taste test is in no way sponsored or influenced by the brands included.)
- This is an atrocity. It tastes like a cup of artificial flavoring.
- Equal Exchange
- Where's the spice? Way, way, way mild.
- Middle of the road chai. Forgettable but totally passable in a pinch.
- Celestial Teahouse
- They must not like bold chai in the mountains.
- Tea Pigs
- We forgive Teapigs for calling it "chai tea" (hello, redundant), because their blend is so delightfully fragrant.
- Ultra spice ain't a lie. This tea is bold, in the boldest of ways, with a strong taste of cinnamon. Awesome choice if that's what you look for in a chai.
- True to its description, this tea is naturally sweeter than most (which means you can add less sugar). Mildly spicy, but pleasantly so. You can pick out the cardamom flavor.
- Nice balanced flavor. Not too strongly spiced - perfect for those who like milder chais.
- Organic India
Ginger Cardamom Chai (Tea) Recipe
Chai (Tea) Recipe | How To Make Cardamom-Spiced Chai Dhaba ...
Chai - Indian Tea - Hot Beverage Recipe by Ruchi Bharani [HD]
Share this Post
Chai Tea Recipes
JUNE 04, 2023
I conceived of this post as a starting point for all of you who love chai, that spicy and fragrant milky tea drunk across…Read More
Best Chai Teas
JUNE 04, 2023
As the weather gets cooler, and the days get shorter, blogger Pooja Makhijani recommends mixing up a steaming pot of masala…Read More